Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Couple of Modified class Q´s

  1. #1

    Default Couple of Modified class Q´s

    Is it allowed in the modidfied class to use the hydraulic assist ram, not talking about the full hydro steering but only as a assist? The reglement says power steering is optional, does this include ?

    Is there a tire size limit in modified class?

    Reglement says that suspension can be changed. What does this mean? For vehicles using linked coil suspension is it possible to change the design of the links (like jeep TJ/XJ/ZJ) I mean going from 4 link to 3 link or to radius long arm design?

  2. #2
    Obeskrivbar Lasse suzicán's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Helsingborg -Skåne
    Posts
    595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XJMarty View Post
    Is it allowed in the modidfied class to use the hydraulic assist ram, not talking about the full hydro steering but only as a assist? The reglement says power steering is optional, does this include ?
    Checking. Will be back with a answer...
    Quote Originally Posted by XJMarty View Post
    Is there a tire size limit in modified class?
    Sorry!
    I gave the wrong answer... The size is free, but you are not allowed to cut the wings more than 100mm...

    Quote Originally Posted by XJMarty View Post
    Reglement says that suspension can be changed. What does this mean? For vehicles using linked coil suspension is it possible to change the design of the links (like jeep TJ/XJ/ZJ) I mean going from 4 link to 3 link or to radius long arm design?
    Checking. Will be back with a answer...
    Last edited by Lasse suzicán; 02-04-2010 at 21:53.
    // Lasse
    Ordförande i Trialförarföreningen - Sverige. Teknisk chef - Eurotrial.

    All 4 wheels must participate, lock up your axles.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lasse suzicán View Post
    Checking. Will be back with a answer...

    The maximum tyre hight allowed is 900mm. Widht is optional.


    Checking. Will be back with a answer...
    are you sure about the tire size limit? Because thats the limit for Standart class (90mm)!

    The modified class had no exact limit, at least in the last version of regulations.

    this is directly from the last version: Group "M"
    Tires is free of will. Agricultural tractor profiles, spikes, chains and dual tires are not
    permitted.
    The tire track (profile area) must be covered to 1/3 in vertical line. If this is not the case, this
    can be achieved in form of flared wings. The material of the flared wings must be made out of
    solid and not transparent material.
    Last edited by XJMarty; 01-31-2010 at 18:50.

  4. #4

    Default

    come on folks, you must be doing something in that private section here on pirate. Dont let me waiting too long!
    --Slovak Teamleader--
    --Czech Teamleader--

  5. #5
    Standard
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Schoenbrunn, Germany
    Posts
    94

    Default

    As far as i know with the regulations as of today you are allowed to have hydro assist in Modified. You have to retain the original type of suspension (leaf springs or coil springs) but you are allowed to modify the control arms to your liking. There is NO tire size limit in the modified class.

  6. #6

    Default

    Sledge I thought the same, but I want this to be confirmed before I made it, I dont want to redo the whole thing when somebody changes his mind
    --Slovak Teamleader--
    --Czech Teamleader--

  7. #7
    Standard
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Schoenbrunn, Germany
    Posts
    94

    Default

    You have to prepare to do this anyway because the rule committee comes together and decides about the rules for the actual year. This means usually everybody has already built their rigs.

    As long as they don't change that so the committee decides about the rules for the next year (so you have 1 year to know about the rules and build your rig) this will be the greatest problem of all.

  8. #8
    Avdanka biltrialfører Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Froland
    Posts
    9,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SldgHmmr View Post
    You have to prepare to do this anyway because the rule committee comes together and decides about the rules for the actual year. This means usually everybody has already built their rigs.

    As long as they don't change that so the committee decides about the rules for the next year (so you have 1 year to know about the rules and build your rig) this will be the greatest problem of all.
    This will be the fact for the nexte year.. also this year, only small adjustment for the same year, changes will first be effective earliest the year after...

    So for exemple...
    the Promod boddy will be like it was last year, changes we no make will be effective earliest in 2011....

    this is the only way to do it...
    hopefully there will not be many changes in the future...
    Tommy Olsen
    tlf: 94141987
    tommy @ pirate4x4.no

  9. #9
    Standard
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Schoenbrunn, Germany
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Great, the first step

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SldgHmmr View Post
    As far as i know with the regulations as of today you are allowed to have hydro assist in Modified. You have to retain the original type of suspension (leaf springs or coil springs) but you are allowed to modify the control arms to your liking. There is NO tire size limit in the modified class.
    Ok, I know that that the rules take effect for the next year (not the year they are released), I just need to have these fact confirmed now, if they are valid for this season??

    Modified:
    Hydro assist
    Tire size limit
    Control arms modifications /number/mounting points

    Did I wrote it clearly enough?

    thanks
    --Slovak Teamleader--
    --Czech Teamleader--

  11. #11
    Standard
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Schoenbrunn, Germany
    Posts
    94

    Default

    3.6.5 Steering unit
    The steering stop screws are optional. Power steering is optional
    (In my understanding hydoassist does not replace the original steering it just assists because the original steering ist still there)

    3.6.2 Tires
    Tires is free of will. Agricultural tractor profiles, spikes, chains and dual tires are not permitted. The tire track (profile area) must be covered to 1/3 in vertical line. If this is not the case, this can be achieved in form of flared wings. The material of the flared wings must be made out of solid and not transparent material.
    (Not a single word about tire size)

    3.6.8 Wheel suspension
    Springs are free of will, but the type of spring must be maintained. The place of fixing the shackles is free of will. The original wheelbase and the original position of the axles must be kept. The wheel suspension may be changed, the type of the wheel suspension (e.g.: life axle, independent suspension) must be maintained.

    Just read the regulations :)

  12. #12

    Default

    Sledge, I have the EXACT same oppinion on this. Just wanted it to be confirmed by sb from the comitee, as I sometimes tend to overlook something.
    --Slovak Teamleader--
    --Czech Teamleader--

  13. #13

    Default

    Hello all,

    I have a question: Does the Land Rover based Blitz buggy or Dakar buggy count as a mass-produced vehicle? Is it allowed in the Modified class?

    Thanks!

  14. #14
    Standard
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Schoenbrunn, Germany
    Posts
    94

    Default

    I don't think so, they only have a race car homologation, these are no production vehicles

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XJMarty View Post
    Ok, I know that that the rules take effect for the next year (not the year they are released), I just need to have these fact confirmed now, if they are valid for this season??

    Modified:
    Hydro assist
    Tire size limit
    Control arms modifications /number/mounting points

    Did I wrote it clearly enough?

    thanks
    So, any real word on this from somebody from the comitee?
    --Slovak Teamleader--
    --Czech Teamleader--

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •